Silk Face Mask
or make 4 interest-‐free payments of $4.98 fortnightly with More info
Super breathable, comfy and stylish, our reusable face masks are made from sustainable hand-loomed silk left over from our favourite past collections. We've done our research and as no two faces are alike, we’ve chosen a comfortable unstructured design that can be easily adjusted for a more personalised fit.
- Made from 3 breathable, washable natural fabric layers.
- Layer 1 - a soft medium woven 100% cotton that sits against your face.
- Layer 2 – a second more tightly woven 100% cotton fabric forms the middle layer.
- Layer 3 - The outer fabric layer is hand-loomed 100% pure silk, ethically woven by artisans and screen printed by hand using traditional techniques.
- The combination of these 3 different types of fabric layers help filter dust and airborne droplets.
- 3mm wide soft and comfortable elastic ear loops which can be adjusted by re-knotting for the perfect fit over the ears. If the mask does not feel secure enough on your face, tighten the elastic loops!
- Suitable for adults, size: 21cm W x 13cm H
- Elastic length 26cm
- Sustainably made from end of roll, previous collection silk and cut to a rectangular pattern to ensure minimal waste.
- Handmade in Australia.
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a fabric face covering for personal use and is NOT a medical grade PPE mask. It is for personal use and is not intended for use by health care professionals or for use in hospitals or health care facilities.
ADJUSTING THE MASK TO FIT
No two faces are the same. That’s why we chose a mask style that’s unstructured and therefore easier to adjust for a more personalised fit. You will need to adjust the mask when you first put it on as follows:
- Firmly pull the elastic ear loops, outwards, to form tight gathers in the fabric at each side of the mask.
- Re-knot the elastic as required, ensuring the mask sits firmly on the face. Tuck the elastic knot into the fabric seam using a bobby-pin or paper clip.
- If the mask does not feel secure enough on your face or gapes at the sides, keep tightening the elastic loops until you achieve a firm fit.
- The mask must cover your mouth, nose and chin.
- For a more personalised fit around the chin you can choose to tuck the fabric to create a chin dart with just a few stitches.
WASHING & CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Wash your mask before the first wear.
- For optimum hygiene wash your mask after each use.
- We recommend warm hand wash (60 degrees) with a delicate detergent for longevity.
- Air dry, ideally in the sun until completely dry.
- Iron front and back on a silk setting (being careful not to iron the elastic).
- Treat your mask with care - Do not soak for extended periods of time or tumble dry.
- The fabric layers will continue to soften with every wash.
The Elsewhere Co. is a luxury brand with a clear vision: to inspire independent freedom seekers around the world to escape the everyday.
The Elsewhere Co. has got some new initiatives as follows:
1) They've launched their social enterprise partnership with Greening Australia.
For every sale made, they donate $1 to Greening Australia to support their revegetation work in places like The Great Barrier Reef, Tasmania's Island Ark and their nationwide bushfire recovery program.
2) They've introduced an end-of-life recycling program.
Passionate about keeping waste out of landfill, they will take back any Elsewhere Co. product that reaches its end-of-life or is no longer wanted as part of their recycling program. These items will either be repaired as second-hand goods for sale or donation, disassembled for recycling or re-made into something new.
3) They now have carbon neutral shipping!
They use courier companies that offset the carbon emissions of each delivery by supporting sustainability initiatives such as wildlife conservation and clean energy projects.
The Elsewhere Co. products ship from Australia.
For Shipping within Australia, it can take 3-5 days to arrive depending on what shipping option you choose.
For International Shipping, it can take 3-4 weeks to arrive depending on what shipping option you choose.
To find out more about Shipping, Click Here.
If you would like to know more about our Returns Policy, Click Here.
If you have any queries, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.